Thursday, May 10, 2007

So long... Farwell....

So, for this final blog we have a choice of the assignment from Soc or the media prompt. Personally, I really did not like the Soc class which means I'll be blogging about the media consumer.

The main question focused on looking into the future for the media consumer. Through this we were asked if we had to buy shares from a particular list and keep those shares for 10 years, what would it be and why. After looking through the list, I didn't really find anything that really jumped out at me... until, all the way at the end. 10 Shares of Apple. Now, I don't understand the stock market in the least, but I do understand technology, the media, and popular trends.
Apple has been coming with new technology and media for quite a while now. For example, they are the creators of Mac and QuickTime. But even more impressive than that, Apple is home to the iPod and iTunes.
iPod's are all the rage these days and being the savvy business people they are, Apple keeps coming out with new versions of the iPod. There was the first iPod, and then Nano came along. Now, they've come out with the iPod shuffle, which I have to admit.. I have one myself. If those options weren't enough for you, iPod's are also in color. So girlie girls, never fear... they come in pink too.

But now that you have your iPod... you need something to go with it, right? Apple also sells iPod accessories. Now, you can connect your iPod to your car, to the radio stations...

With the cell phones on the high rise, Apple has even joined in that bandwagon as well. They've come out with the iPhone. This means that Apple is now connected through a variety of media. Apple has their hands in television, music, communication, and computers.

Now, you might be asking... why is she telling me this. I know this already. Think about it this way. If Apple keeps on this track for the next decade, and i buy 10 shares of their stock... I'm guessing I'll make money too.

1 comment:

B. Weaver said...

I think you've made a savvy choice.